To download the FinerEdge Publisher 4.2 production release, click here.
Steiner Case Study (Show Details)
Steiner AG automated the production of customized, up-to-date product catalogs to provide their customers with exactly the product information they need 75% more efficiently than before. Now Steiner can instantly produce customized product catalogs on-the-fly with the push of a single button.
Anliker Case Study (Show Details)
Anliker AG completely automated the generation of their product catalogs with FinerEdge Publisher. Because of virtually limitless automation and flexible processing capabilities, Anliker was able to realize an efficiency increase of over 400% while reducing errors typically seen during manual formatting while providing a high quality and dynamic catalog to their customer.
Fortura Case Study (Show Details)
Fortura AG replaced their legacy publishing system with FinerEdge Publisher which allowed for a much faster turnaround by producing high-quality catalogs and customized on-demand publications that are now controlled directly by their sales staff and driven by customer need. In addition, Fortura has decreased their costs by 30% while improving quality and reducing publication errors.
|FinerEdge Publisher 4.2||September 15, 2014||Show Details|
- Created both 64-bit and 32-bit of all FinerEdge Publisher components.
- Created 64-bit and 32-bit setups that include applicable FinerEdge Publisher and external components.
- Upgraded XML parser (Expat) for newest version and created 64-bit and 32-bit components.
- Upgraded IDE markup editor (Scintilla) for newest version and created 64-bit and 32-bit components.
- Upgraded GIF library to newest version of giflib and created 64-bit and 32-bit components.
- Upgraded GTK+ libraries to newest versions and incorporated 64-bit and 32-bit components.
- Created FPFileWatcher Windows Service that monitors a variable number of file system directories for the creation of files. Based upon the naming patterns of the files created, specific documents can be generated and subsequently emailed to recipients along with links to the generated documents.
- Implemented support for stored procedure invocations from the FinerEdge Publisher ADO, OLEDB, and ODBC providers. Supports stored procedures that have zero or more input parameters and that produce single result sets.
- Updated .NET Web Pages (ASPX) generation to call FPServerNet and added .NET Razor Pages (CSHTML) generation.
- Eliminated dependency on environment path and created interfaces for setting either the 64-bit or 32-bit DLL directories as appropriate.
- Preference for lowercase tag names including an update to the rewrap tool that converts tag names to lowercase.
|FinerEdge Publisher 4.1||February 10, 2014||Show Details|
- IDE updated for new robust threading mechanism for an enhanced debugging experience.
- Upgraded the IDE to implement new ribbon look and feel.
- Upgraded the IDE to utilize the extended docking options.
- Upgraded the IDE to allow docking-only reset option during application exit.
- Implemented optional document generation rerun.
- Implemented additional status feedback during document generation.
- Updated markup editor debug mode to support hovering over variables and arrays to show their type and current known values.
- Updated watch pane to support arrays and multi-dimensional arrays shown in a hierarchical display.
- Upgraded all .NET components to target version 4.5.
- Discontinued support for the Windows XP operating system.
|FinerEdge Publisher 4.0||November 22, 2013||Show Details|
- Upgraded all C++ components to VC110 and sample projects to Visual Studio 2012.
- Enhanced FPServices and FPServicesApp to support both SOAP and REST services.
- Created PHP sample to create documents using FPServicesApp REST service.
- Created Python sample to create documents using FPServicesApp REST service.
- Created Ruby sample to create documents using FPServicesApp REST service.
- Updated AutoCOLBR tables to fully support variable embedded elements and to operate with styles such as page-break-inside being set to "avoid".
- Updated the "margin" style property to support the value of "auto" for both horizontal and vertical centering of an element within its parent element.
- Created additional Features IV document and updated all sample applications.