To download the FinerEdge Publisher 3.9 production release, click here.
Steiner Case Study (Show Details)
Steiner AG automated the production of customized, up-to-date product catalogs to provide their customers with exactly the product information they need 75% more efficiently than before. Now Steiner can instantly produce customized product catalogs on-the-fly with the push of a single button.
Anliker Case Study (Show Details)
Anliker AG completely automated the generation of their product catalogs with FinerEdge Publisher. Because of virtually limitless automation and flexible processing capabilities, Anliker was able to realize an efficiency increase of over 400% while reducing errors typically seen during manual formatting while providing a high quality and dynamic catalog to their customer.
Fortura Case Study (Show Details)
Fortura AG replaced their legacy publishing system with FinerEdge Publisher which allowed for a much faster turnaround by producing high-quality catalogs and customized on-demand publications that are now controlled directly by their sales staff and driven by customer need. In addition, Fortura has decreased their costs by 30% while improving quality and reducing publication errors.
|FinerEdge Publisher 3.9||October 22, 2012||Show Details|
- Addition of BlockFooter tag to compliment BlockHeader functionality.
- Addition of Col and ColGroup tags for enhanced HTML compatibility.
- Addition of THead, TBody, and TFooter table tags for enhanced HTML compatibility.
- Automatic page measurement and page eject with BlockHeader, BlockFooter, THead, and TFoot tags.
- New Sum attribute for automatically summing table values with the Set and Var tags.
- New Find function for optimized searching of array and collection elements.
Addition of multiplier "
*" relative length specification for tables.
- Updated direct ODBC mechanism for optimized data access in FinerEdge Publisher's rendering engine.
- Updated FinerEdge Publisher's rendering engine to be a standard Windows DLL.
- VersionInfo entry point exposed for all interfaces and installation updates based upon version changes.
- Multiple output process modes and intermediate process file generation provide distributed document processing capabilities.
- FinerEdge Publisher has been qualified as a desktop application under Windows® 8 operating system.
|FinerEdge Publisher 3.8||March 01, 2012||Show Details|
- Addition of a DirectX adapter for Direct2D viewing capability.
- Addition of a dynamically switchable framework for view adapters that includes DirectX, GDI+, and GDI adapters.
- Addition of a native C++ FinerEdge Publisher Writer that supports embedded viewing in addition to all event notifications.
- Addition of a native C++ samples project that utilizes the new native C++ FinerEdge Publisher Writer.
- New outlineItem level-key attribute and ref-level-key style property to support variable outline generations.
- Update to the class attribute to support multiple class selector styling.
- Update to the FinerEdge Publisher reference manual that presents a unified view of all existing and new APIs.
- FinerEdge Publisher has passed all of the Windows® 7 operating system qualification tests and has earned the right to display the "Compatible with Windows® 7" logo.
|FinerEdge Publisher 3.7||November 07, 2011||Show Details|
- Addition of the FPService service library that allows for the creation of documents from web service consumers. The FPService service library can be hosted from any host provider.
- Addition of the FPServicesApp service application that utilizes the new FPServices service library. The FPServicesApp service application is meant to be hosted by IIS.
- Implemention of SVG attribute parameters that adheres to the W3C recommendation.
- Addition of the SVG tag that enhances SVG image generation with SVG attribute parameters, DPI changes, and image size updates.
- Addition of new CONTENT tag to host inline content such as SVG fragments. Populates simple strings to more involved data structures.
- Enhanced the PLOT tag to support DPI changes (for higher quality images) consistent with other uses of DPI (e.g., CHART and SVG tags).
- Updated absolute positioned elements to handle the transparent background color and image transparent areas.
- Updated absolute positioned elements to handle percentage values for left, top, right, and bottom style properties.
|FinerEdge Publisher 3.6||July 25, 2011||Show Details|
- Enhanced Import facility handles full html files with xml-stylesheet and link tag stylesheet specifications (in addition to HTML fragments). This allows for direct HTML to PDF translation using FinerEdge Publisher's rendering engine to handle page-break scenarios to produce professional-looking output documents.
- STYLE tag support for href attribute that optionally refers to external css file or uri.
- Addition of page-break-before and page-break-after styles with optional height condition.
- Addition of rowspan style that compliments colspan style.
- Addition of prescale max-fill style value, which can be used with Scalable Vector Graphics gradients as an example.
- Font names can be specified directly in documents in addition to being registerd in the catalog.
- Enhanced markup editor auto-completion for all tags, attributes, and styles.