To download the FinerEdge Publisher 4.3 production release, click here.
Steiner Case Study (Show Details)
Steiner AG automated the production of customized, up-to-date product catalogs to provide their customers with exactly the product information they need 75% more efficiently than before. Now Steiner can instantly produce customized product catalogs on-the-fly with the push of a single button.
Anliker Case Study (Show Details)
Anliker AG completely automated the generation of their product catalogs with FinerEdge Publisher. Because of virtually limitless automation and flexible processing capabilities, Anliker was able to realize an efficiency increase of over 400% while reducing errors typically seen during manual formatting while providing a high quality and dynamic catalog to their customer.
Fortura Case Study (Show Details)
Fortura AG replaced their legacy publishing system with FinerEdge Publisher which allowed for a much faster turnaround by producing high-quality catalogs and customized on-demand publications that are now controlled directly by their sales staff and driven by customer need. In addition, Fortura has decreased their costs by 30% while improving quality and reducing publication errors.
|FinerEdge Publisher 4.3||August 01, 2015||Show Details|
- Created new "HTML Paged" output type that utilizes the FinerEdge Publisher rendering engine to pre-format HTML pages complete with headers, footers, left, right page areas, block-level headers and footers, any type of explicit or implied page and table column breaks, and all the while visually ending current pages and starting new pages with all applicable HTML element structures dynamically generated.
- Enhanced FinerEdge to support page and margin rules according to CSS Paged Media Module Level 3 and CSS Generated Content for Paged Media Module.
- Updated the position style property to support div and table running elements (i.e., elements apart from normal flow) that are primarily used by margin rules to specify page area content.
- Added the content style property that can referencing div and table running elements (i.e., elements apart from normal flow) that are primarily used by margin rules to specify page area content.
- Added the size style property that designates known page sizes, custom page sizes, and the page orientation (portrait or landscape).
- Added the model style property that specifies header and footers that overlap left and right page areas or left and right page areas that overlap headers and footers.
- Added the gutter style property that accounts for a constant alternating spacing on left and and right pages.
- Added the pagesegment and page offset style properties that provide the same functionality as the pagebox tag's pagesegment and pageoffset attributes.
- In accordance with page and margin rules, removed the pagearea and pagebox tags and the facility for applying style properties through the document and pagebr tags.
- Changed "scale" property to CSS "background-size" style property. Changed "prescale" property to "background-presize" property.
- Added "fixed" option to the "position" style property. Updated "absolute" elements to be formatted using the first non-static parent element (e.g., "position:relative").
- Updated FPFileWatcher to support enhanced functionality.
- Combined "path" and "temp" functions into extensible "env" (environment) function.
- Updated the mode function to return a fixed string to indicate the current processing mode.
|FinerEdge Publisher 4.2||September 15, 2014||Show Details|
- Created both 64-bit and 32-bit of all FinerEdge Publisher components.
- Created 64-bit and 32-bit setups that include applicable FinerEdge Publisher and external components.
- Upgraded XML parser (Expat) for newest version and created 64-bit and 32-bit components.
- Upgraded IDE markup editor (Scintilla) for newest version and created 64-bit and 32-bit components.
- Upgraded GIF library to newest version of giflib and created 64-bit and 32-bit components.
- Upgraded GTK+ libraries to newest versions and incorporated 64-bit and 32-bit components.
- Created FPFileWatcher Windows Service that monitors a variable number of file system directories for the creation of files. Based upon the naming patterns of the files created, specific documents can be generated and subsequently emailed to recipients along with links to the generated documents.
- Implemented support for stored procedure invocations from the FinerEdge Publisher ADO, OLEDB, and ODBC providers. Supports stored procedures that have zero or more input parameters and that produce single result sets.
- Updated .NET Web Pages (ASPX) generation to call FPServerNet and added .NET Razor Pages (CSHTML) generation.
- Eliminated dependency on environment path and created interfaces for setting either the 64-bit or 32-bit DLL directories as appropriate.